Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit Overview
Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit offers developers additional controls for Windows Phone application development, designed to match the rich user experience of the Windows Phone 7.
Suggestions? Features? Questions?
- Ask questions in the Create.msdn.com forum.
- Add bugs or feature requests to the Issue Tracker. Help us shape the Silverlight Toolkit with your feedback! Please clearly indicate that the work items and issues are for the phone toolkit.
What's new in February 2011?
- New Components for Feb 2011
- These are two top-requested features that are often used in projects, now included right in the toolkit instead of having to go to the samples on MSDN or blogs.
- Introducing VB.NET samples
- We now offer the samples project for Visual Basic phone developers.
Components in the Feb 2011 Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit
- Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit Components
- Page Transitions
What's included in the source code?
The sources package includes:
- Complete C# source code
- Sample application in VB.NET and C#
- DatePicker and TimePicker
- Page Transitions
Changes of note
You will find the complete change history in the Source Control tab. However, here's a summary of some of the bug fixes.
- LongListSelector fixes relating to group comparisons, scroll extents, item appending and various null check improvements. Refactoring of much of the code, improvements to item recycling, conforming with ListBox with respect to SelectedItem binding updates, and other customer-reported issues.
- LongListSelector background color for light themes was incorrect (customer-reported CodePlex issue 8291)
- ListPicker bug fixes when coming back from tombstoning and Back button handling fixes
- Transition class is now public per customer feedback. Transitions have been updated. The TransitionFrame Content is not hit test visible until ready to play its transition. Transitioning complex pages should be more consistent now. Pivot and Panorama pages transition now. Easing updates.
- AutoCompleteBox does not SelectAll text when getting focus now.