Silverlight Toolkit September 2011 Overview
This is the 8th and newest release of the toolkit targeting the Silverlight 5 RC. New to this release are some controls targeting Silverlight 5's new 3D features. For more information on these 3D extensions, please check out *David Catuhe's blog entry on the topic
Note: You must install XNA Studio in order to use the new Silverlight 3D templates.
Otherwise the new templates will not show up.
Components in the Silverlight 5 Toolkit
The Silverlight Toolkit defines four Quality Bands
that describe the stability and finish-level of each component. Below is a summary of where the components currently in the Silverlight Toolkit fall within the quality bands.
- Components in the Stable Quality Band
- Components in the Preview Quality Band
- Infrastructure and Development Tools in the Experimental Quality Band
- Visual Studio unit test project and item templates
- Silverlight Unit Test Framework and Visual Studio unit test metadata for Silverlight
- Silverlight test automation for automating unit test runs in the web browser
- DefaultStyleTask for large control library development