Windows Phone Toolkit - Nov 2011 (7.1 SDK)
Other Available Downloads
- ListPicker once again works in a ScrollViewer
- LongListSelector bug fixes around OutOfRange exceptions, wrong ordering of items, grouping issues, and scrolling events. ItemTuple is now refactored to be the public type LongListSelectorItem to provide users better access to the values in selection changed handlers.
- PerformanceProgressBar binding fix for IsIndeterminate (item 9767 and others)
- There is no longer a GestureListener dependency with the ContextMenu, WrapPanel, and ListPicker
- The GestureListener should be considered deprecated for all Windows Phone 7.1 SDK development. There is no direct replacement at this time, though the platform now supports events such as Tap right on visual elements.
- Updates the ExpanderView sample so that each individual item has its own tilt effect.
- Fixes PhoneTextBox bugs 9342 and 9345
- PhoneTextBox hides actionitem when empty
- ListPicker can be in horizontally scrollable views.
- ListPicker now only supports Tap for activation (before it supported any touch that began in bounds and stayed in bounds)
- The LongListSelector's Background color now is used for the picker grid to enable better app/brand styling
- LongListSelector state name correction
- Comments added to clarify that ListPicker does not support UIElements directly by design since the framework only permits one instance of a UI Element in the tree at a time
- ExpanderView visual glitch fixed (9525)
- Additional null checks in ContextMenu visual state change methods
- ListPicker SelectedItems is now settable
- Small fixes to ToggleSwitch
- A startup crash correction in the gesture listener.
- The ExpanderView sample is documented better
- LockablePivot's IsLocked property is now a dependency property
- RelativeTimerConverter fixes a UTC bug and no longer throws on future dates
- Fixes some reported issues with VB.NET samples
- Fixed a ToggleSwitchButton reanimation issue.
- Owner is a public property now on ContextMenu
- Handle listpicker selected item with a null items
- Fixes sample issues when building.
- Fixes build warnings.
Very usefull and easy to incorporate in your apps.
on Oct 23, 2012 at 11:53 PM
... but what about WP8?
on Sep 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM
What to do without, but when will be a version for WP8?
on Sep 26, 2012 at 1:45 AM
When support wp8 ?
on Jul 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I find that the transformation animations doesn't works well like the native animation of the system, it like this: when I leave one page to another one ,the animation starts, but I found the UI elements trembled sometimes...it really made the application looks like awful...does the silverlight for windows phone toolkit should be updated any more to fix this bug?
on Jul 4, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Version quirks ... The download says Nov11 but install folder claims Oct11 ... improve your build mechanism! Hard to find out if some issue was fixed with a release or not - Anyway the controls offered are cool (so my rating is Fair to three stars) but I hate your version quirks! Document your work/releases in a better way!
on Jun 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM
on May 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Good new realese what every 1 as been waiting for.know they just need try and sort the flash player out.
on Apr 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I'm appreciate the tremendous amount of work done on this. I just want to make one comment, however, related to deprecating the GestureListener code. IMO, there is as of yet, no suitable replacement for the pinch gestures it offers. It would be best to have the direct equivalent of the manipulation events classes in WPF, particularly Matrix.RotateAt, .ScaleAt and .Translate - with proper origins.
on Feb 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM
dezrtluver, are you sure you have installed the new windows phone 7.1 SDK ? I had the same issue because of this.
on Feb 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM
LongListSelector is awesome! Very useful controls here.
on Jan 22, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Very usefull and easy to incorporate in your apps.
on Jan 13, 2012 at 3:02 PM
In my point of view, the assemblies about testing bellow are not updated.
I use a new version of those assemblies, but I can't find the official website. A big problem to me!!
on Jan 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM
But the sample code wouldn't compile, which showed "xap packaging failed. object reference not set to an instance of an object." That message was really obscure for a newbie! The solution is to exclude the "Images/Mürren.jpg" from PhoneToolkitSample.
on Jan 5, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Works well, nice new Controls. Thanks!
on Jan 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Umm.. okay.. how do I get started? I installed the msi downloaded the samples and some of the projects don't load. Direction please.
on Jan 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM
thanks very good
on Dec 18, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Pretty good !
on Dec 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM
In case anyone else is confused, this release installs to the "Oct11" folder, even though it says November release.
on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM
try it and thanks
on Nov 28, 2011 at 1:44 AM
As CaveKnight correctly mentions, this release does not correspond to changeset 71382 and LongListSelector issues are not fixed. I recommend to download latest source and compile your own version. LongListSelector works correctly after that, but has another issue - background is set to black color by default, so you have to override it to Null.
on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:12 PM
This release doesn't seem to address any the problems with LongListSelector? And the binaries are dated October, rather than November? Is this supposed to be correct?
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:19 PM
Thanks for the bug fixes.
I also can't overstate how big an improvement the scrolling on lists is since the Mango update!
Keep up the good work!
on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:49 AM
Enormous amount of KNOWN(!) open issues.
Such amount of issues is not even a beta quality, far not Release.
I hate microsoft.
on Nov 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Error 2 Xap packaging failed. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. PhoneToolkitSample
on Nov 16, 2011 at 4:41 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.