Silverlight Toolkit December 2011 Overview
This is the 9th and newest release of the toolkit targeting the Silverlight 5. New to this release are some controls targeting Silverlight 5's new 3D features. For more information on these 3D extensions, please check out David Catuhe's blog entry on the topic
If you have previously installed the Silverlight 5 September 2011 toolkit, please make sure to uninstall before installing the December 2011 toolkit.
Note: You must install XNA Studio in order to use the new Silverlight 3D templates.
Otherwise the new templates will not show up.
Components in the Silverlight 5 Toolkit
The Silverlight Toolkit defines four Quality Bands
that describe the stability and finish-level of each component. Below is a summary of where the components currently in the Silverlight Toolkit fall within the quality bands.
- Components in the Stable Quality Band
- Components in the Preview Quality Band
- Infrastructure and Development Tools in the Experimental Quality Band
- Visual Studio unit test project and item templates
- Silverlight Unit Test Framework and Visual Studio unit test metadata for Silverlight
- Silverlight test automation for automating unit test runs in the web browser
- DefaultStyleTask for large control library development